Are pests making your summer a little less than enjoyable? Whether you have a troop of ants marching through your kitchen or mosquitoes buzzing in your ear every night, pests can leave you wishing for a big freeze on even the most pleasant summer day just to get rid of the bugs.
Getting rid of summer pests is a task that you can sometimes do yourself. However, it’s important to know when to call in the professionals, too. Below are a few tips to help you get rid of pests on your own—or know when to hire a professional to do it.
DIY pest control
If the pest problem is minor and you feel confident in tackling it yourself, there are a few things you can try:
- Check for holes and cracks: Before anything else, check your siding, doors and windows for cracks and holes. Any additional steps you take to control pests won’t do any good if they can hide or sneak in through a crack. Use a strong epoxy or other filler to close up any holes or cracks you find.
- Spray the perimeter: Pest control sprays can be picked up just about anywhere. Just remember that you get what you pay for. Check the labels and make sure that the spray you choose is designed for the specific pest you are having a problem with. Once you decide on a spray, use it around the perimeter of your home. If the pest problem isn’t too severe, this should stop pests from getting in.
- Try something new: If the first product you tried doesn’t work, try something else. As we mentioned before, certain products work better than others. How well a pest control spray works depends on your environment as well as the kind of pest you are dealing with.
Professional pest control
While the DIY method can help you save money when dealing with a pest problem, it doesn’t always work. There are times when you will need the help of a professional:
- You’ve tried everything else: If you tried all the steps we mentioned above and the problem continues, it typically means that either the product isn’t right for the type of pest or environment or the problem is bigger than you realize.
- The problem is too big to handle: If the infestation is too large or has affected too many spaces in your home, it’s time to call in a professional. Once a pest problem spreads, it’s often too late to handle with any DIY techniques.
- You don’t have the time: Pest control is not a fun process, and requires a lot of time and effort. If you don’t feel confident tackling this project alone, hiring a professional is more convenient and efficient.
If you determine that you need a professional to handle your pest control in Clinton County, IN, be sure to call BCS Landscape Design & Soil Testing. We offer the very best around in customer service and expert pest control!
Categorised in: Pest Control